Relaxation, leisure activities and sport
The chateau has garden furniture, a ping-pong table, a set of boules (boules pitch in the grounds). Guests can enjoy the use of a football pitch, adjoining the chateau.
In Cosne d’Allier there is:
- A tennis court
- An indoor swimming pool
- A sports hall
You could also dance the night away at “Le Madison”.
Close to Cosne d’Allier, the Forest of Dreuille offers a whole range of hikes that can take you all the way to Vieure Lake (6 km/3.7 miles). This stretch of water has facilities for fishing and swimming (supervised by a lifeguard in July and August), and you can also rent pedalos and canoes.
Places to discover during your stay
- Forest of Tronçais (Europe’s biggest oak forest) 26 km/16 miles
- The old town of Montluçon 26 km/16 miles
- The Cluniac site of Souvigny 30 km/18.5 miles
- The spa towns and their casino: Bourbon l’Archambault 22 km/13.5 miles, Néris-les-Bains 29 km/18 miles, Vichy 70 km/43.5 miles
- The Musée du Costume de Scène Theatre Costume Museum in Moulins 42 km/26 miles
- LE PAL amusement park and zoo 70 km/43.5 miles
And there’s a whole host of other places just waiting for your visit! Check them out on the Allier tourism site: www.allier-tourisme.com
Just a five-minute walk away, in Cosne d’Allier, you will find all the services you need: doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, vets (we welcome pets), and of course every kind of shop.